Childminder and Parent/Carer Contract
This comprehensive, yet simply written, document enables you to create a tailored contract between yourself and the parents/carers of your new mindee. It's really important to have a contract and to use the opportunity to set out all aspects of your business, so families know exactly where they stand and what is expected of them when their child joins your setting.
You will find parts that are highlighted all the way through the 10 page Word document to show you the sections that need editing and where to add your own personal information. This is actually a generic version of the contract I wrote for my own setting and I have left in lots of examples to give you ideas for what you can include in your own contract. It is set out in such a way that the last 3 pages are the ones to be filled out by the mindee's parents/carers before they are returned to you. I recommend that you provide 2 copies of the last page, which is the Parent/Carer and Childminder Agreement, so that both parties have signed copies.
I also recommend that you provide your new family with the seperate Child Record Form when they are filling out the contract. This form is mentioned on page 8 of the contract in reference to ascertaining more information about the child and their 'authorised persons' as well as establishing who has parental responsbility for the child.
Within this pack, you will also find a seperate document entitled, 'Contract Amendment', which will enable you to make any necessary changes easily, for example swapping days, without having to create a whole new contract.
Here is a list of the sections that are covered within the contract:
- Childminder details
- Bank details
- Qualifications of childminder
- Provision of care and resources
- Appropriate clothing and footwear
- Contracted hours and days
- Settling in sessions
- Settling in period
- Childminding fees
- Payment of fees using voucher schemes
- Fees for funded children
- Late collection fees
- Holiday closure
- Fees for absences
- Changes to contract
- Continuity of care
- Termination of contract
- Child's details
- Parents/carers' details
- Contracted hours and days
- Childminder statement
- Parent/carer statement
- Parent/carer and childminder agreement
- This digital pack is a Zip File containing both PDFs editable Word documents.
- You receive a download link at checkout and a second one is also sent via email.
- You get one opportunity to download the pack, so it’s recommended you open the link on your computer and download it there as not all phones or tables have the space or capability to open the documents.
- Pay once and print as many as you need.
- It is only to be used by the person purchasing for use within one setting and must not be shared - support a small business and buy your own copy please!
- Download within 30 days of purchasing.
- Refunds will not be given.
- Download links can be resent if necessary - just get in touch.
- ©Sam Heaven