Complete Policies Pack
Written policies are no longer a requirement for childminders and I'm mentioning this first so that the 'elephant in the room' is addressed, but there are many benefits to having your policies in writing for all the different aspects of your business! This pack contains 24 policies and it's written by me, an experienced childminder, who understands first hand what it's like to run a home from home setting and everything that entails!
This pack will save you hours of work as you don’t need to write them from scratch, but please note the policies cannot be printed and sent out straight away. You need to read, edit and save each policy to make sure it’s pertinent to your setting and the way that you work. To help with this, they are sent as Word documents in a Zip file for you to save to your computer and a PDF guide is included, entitled ‘Please Read First’ to support you if needed.
You will find some sections are highlighted in yellow with prompts to add your personal details and in every policy, you will find examples from my own childminding business. These are intended to help you with the wording and points that you may need to consider. I found that the process of writing and editing policies really helped me to get my head around everything. I gained an understanding of how I wanted my business to operate and what this would look like on a daily basis. I hope you have a similar experience whilst working through this pack and you feel more confident in yourself and reassured that you're doing a great job!
Here is a list of what's included in the Policies Pack and then there's a separate list to show what's included within the Safeguarding Policy that can be found in the images, where you will also see page examples to help you decide if this is the pack for you.
- Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
- Parents/Carers Partnership Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Equal Opportunities, Inclusion and Special Educational Needs Policy
- Behaviour Management Policy
- Settling In Policy
- Healthy Eating and Food Allergens Policy
- Attendance and Collection Policy
- Emergency Evacuation Information and Plan
- Accidents and Injuries Policy
- Medication Policy
- Illness and Infection Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Safety on Outings Policy
- Lost Child Policy
- Toilet Training Policy
- Extreme Weather Policy
- No Smoking Policy
- Alcohol, Drugs and Adult Medication Policy
- Electronic Devices and the Internet Policy
- Mobile Phones and Photographs Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Privacy Notice
- Retention Policy
- This digital pack is a Zip File containing both PDFs and editable Word documents.
- You receive a download link at checkout and a second one is also sent via email.
- You get one opportunity to download the pack, so it’s recommended you open the link on your computer and download it there as not all phones or tables have the space or capability to open the documents.
- Pay once and print as many as you need.
- It is only to be used by the person purchasing for use within one setting and must not be shared - support a small business and buy your own copy please!
- Download within 30 days of purchasing.
- Refunds will not be given.
- Download links can be resent if necessary - just get in touch.
- ©Sam Heaven