Getting Ready For Pre-School Pack
This is a great 30 page pack full of guidance, ideas and activities to help your children/mindees learn the skills they will need as they embark on their new adventure. As an experienced Reception and Nursery teacher turned childminder, I thought a lot about the preparations for pre-school and how I can help, so I created this.
Although it's paper based, it's not about filling out worksheets because it's filled with inspiring ideas that can be taken off the page and turned into fun activities that you and your child can do together. It’s as much about spending time together, whether you're a parent. carer, grandparent or care giver!
The pack is sent as a PDF for you to download and print at home, so you can use it more than once. However, it is subject to copyright and is only for use by the person purchasing it. For example, a childminder can purchase it and send it out to the mindees within their setting or an individual parent may purchase their own copy for their child.
Here's a list of what's included in the pack:
- What Is the EYFS? - Guidance for parents/carers about the Early Years Curriculum
- All About Me - Information about your child that you want their new teacher to know
- This Is Me - Space for a picture of the child along with guidance about mark making and drawing
- My Family - Space for pictures of your child's family
- I Can Count - Activities and support to help children count with futher ideas
- I Can Name the Colours - Activity to name and recognise colours with further ideas
- I Can Name the Shapes - Activity to identify shapes with further ideas
- I Can Follow the Lines - Activity to help with pencil contro
- lI Can Use Scissors - Activity to help use scissors safely
- I Can Order Things by Size - Activity to understand sizes and further ideas
- I Can Use Positional Language - Activity to understand positions and further ideas
- I Can Listen and Respond - Activity to introduce listening skills and phonics with further ideas
- I Can Say the Sounds - Phonics and early reading activities with further ideas
- I Can Write My Name - Name writing activity with further ideas
- I Can Move Around - Activities to help with gross motor skills
- I Can Look After Myself - Activities to help children with everyday tasks
- My Adventures - Space for notes, photos and drawings
- Printable rainbow - A picture to colour in
- Printable certificate - To fill in at the end of the pack, when your child is ready for their new adventure!
- This digital pack contains a PDF.
- You receive a download link at checkout and a second one is also sent via email.
- You get one opportunity to download the pack, so it’s recommended you open the link on your computer and download it there as not all phones or tables have the space or capability to open the documents.
- Pay once and print as many as you need.
- It is only to be used by the person purchasing for use within one setting and must not be shared - support a small business and buy your own copy please!
- Download within 30 days of purchasing.
- Refunds will not be given.
- Download links can be resent if necessary - just get in touch.
- ©Sam Heaven